Thank you for your interest in the opportunity to lead the Finance Team at Cill Dara Housing Association!
It’s an exciting time to join the Cill Dara HA as we approach our 30th Birthday and launch our new Strategic Plan to take the organisation forward over the next 3 years and to continue to fulfil our purpose.
We are committed to providing high quality homes and services in sustainable and well managed communities. Working with our people we aim to improve all our services and continue to grow deep community roots. Our core values, (accountable, respect, customer & community focused, and open & honest), help us all focus on working together to creating better homes and stronger communities.
We are now seeking a highly skilled, dynamic and suitably qualified finance professional who will lead our Finance Department and make a significant contribution to the achievement of our strategic goals and vision. The role of the Finance Manager is integral to ensuring that our finance service is well managed and meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, and as a member of the Management Team you will work closely with the Finance, Audit and Risk Sub-committee and play a critical role in the effective and efficient operation of the association.
This is a hands-on role, and the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the Treasury Management Policy, preparing and producing monthly management accounts and analysis, drafting the annual budget, carrying out a range of day-to-day finance tasks and other related duties, preparing forecasts, providing key management information necessary to aid decision making and ensuring sound financial management and controls are in place throughout the organisation.
- Produce the monthly management accounts with analytical review, reporting on agreed KPIs to CEO and Board/ Sub-committees
- Preparation of year-end accounts in conjunction with colleagues and external auditors
- Ensure sound financial management and financial controls throughout the organisation with regular monitoring of financial risks
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of assets and liabilities, mortgage registers, loan covenants and fixed asset register
- Preparation of the annual budget through engagement with budget holders
- Produce forecasts, financial plans with sensitivity testing, and sinking fund provision through engagement with budget holders
- Controlling payments to landlords of leased properties
- Liaising with Local Authority, Department of Housing, Housing Finance Agency, and other funders
- Complete annual returns to Revenue, Charities Regulator, Local Authority and others
- Support staff to ensure compliance with financial processes to ensure best practice
- Assist in the development of the reporting functionality to meeting the business needs
- Maintain/review all balance sheet reconciliations for financial controls
- Support the Finance Assistant in the processing of payroll, VAT returns, RCTs, LPT etc.
- Develop financial costing & scenario models to meet business requirements and enhance decision making
- Lead the annual rent review with support from housing services colleagues
- Ensure regulatory/governance requirements are met in line with best practice e.g. Charities Regulatory Authority, Housing Regulator, SORP, Revenue Commissioners etc.
• To contribute to the effective delivery of a quality service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
• Undertake other finance duties and ad hoc queries where requested
Essential Skills and Background
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CPA or CIMA)
- 3 years post qualification experience in a financial environment with knowledge and/or experience of Treasury Management
- Experience of monthly and annual accounts preparation with an understanding of relevant standards, controls and governance is essential
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to articulate progress, issues and recommendations in a concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead
- Experience of budget and forecast preparation and modelling
- Ability to work on own initiative
- €30,769 – €34,615
- Part-time, 30-hour work week
- Kildare Town based with flexible working hours/ days and hybrid working options
- 19 days annual leave excluding office closures for public holidays
- Employer matched Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched) – after 6 months and successful completion of probationary period.
This job description is not a definitive list of tasks; instead, it is designed to give an overview of the role. It is envisaged that the post-holder will use their own initiative and develop the role under guidance to achieve the organisation’s aims.
Application Details : How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria for this role to Phillip Morrison-Gale, Chief Executive, by email: Phillip.Morrisongale@cilldarahousing.ie
Closing Date for Applications: 12pm on Friday 30th September 2022