Job Title: Compliance Coordinator
Location: Dublin City Centre and Remote
Contract: Permanent/ Full Time – 37 Hrs per Week
Reporting To: Compliance Manager
Salary Range: DOE
Applicants can apply by clicking the lin below:
About Oaklee Housing
Oaklee Housing is an “Approved Housing Body” (AHB) and one of Ireland’s most ambitious providers of customer-focused housing and support services. Established in 2000, we have rapidly grown our presence across the country delivering high quality modern homes for older people, families, mature singles and people with complex needs.
Our Vision and Mission
To build a strong business with a social purpose and be a leading provider of quality customer focused housing and support service.
Oaklee is an innovative and vibrant organisation experiencing significant growth and as a result this role has been newly created.
Key Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Compliance Manager your role will include (but is not limited to) the coordination of the Oaklee Audit & Risk Committee, supporting the delivery of all regulatory requirements, , updating internal audit trackers and risk registers, coordinating review schedules for policies, procedures and templates across all areas (Governance, HR, Health and Safety, property and housing services and GDPR) liaising with insurance brokers and OMCs to ensure timely renewals of insurance policies and providing administrative support on procurement requirements across the Organisation. .
- Coordinate the collation of content for the preparation of Key Performance Indicator reports for Senior Management Team and Oaklee Board.
- To maintain internal audit trackers and liaise with the Internal Auditor and Managers as required.
- To complete the Charities Regulator Annual Regulatory Return and Compliance Record Form.
- To liaise with Senior Management Team in completing the Lobbying Return to the Office of the Information Commissioner, three times a year.
- Assist the Compliance Manager in completing quarterly and annual benchmarking activities and disseminating benchmark reports to the Senior Management Team.
- To liaise with Oaklee’s insurance broker in the annual policy renewal for Oaklee and it’s subsidiary, including collation of required documentation from relevant business owners, checking re-build values, asset lists and provision of certain financial information.
- To liaise with OMC’s with which Oaklee has units in block management to ensure appropriate insurance is in place, and to provide confirmation of this to certain stakeholders.
- To coordinate the collation of content for the preparation and administration of the Oaklee Audit & Risk Committee on a quarterly basis, including collation and dissemination of meeting documents, minute taking and arranging meetings.
- To assist with the effective management of the Oaklee complaints system, liaising with relevant business owners to investigate, progress and resolve complaints.
- To assist the Compliance Manager with Company Secretary duties from time to time, to include CRO, RBO & AML requirements.
- To assist the Compliance Manager with GDPR related matters such as investigating/ mitigating and reporting on any breaches that occur, responding to data subject access requests, and ensuring that all staff receive regular training on data privacy matters.
- Administration support with all procurement activities.
- Identifying, implementing, maintaining process improvements in all areas.
Main Compliance Activity Areas
- AHBRA. Section 37 of the Housing (Regulation of Approved Housing Bodies) Act 2019 provides for the drafting of standards for AHBs. The Standards are: Governance; Financial Management; Property & Asset Management; Tenancy Management
- Charity Regulatory Authority
- Office of the Information Commissioner
- Data Protection Commissioner
- Company Law
- Relevant degree in a related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working within a similar role.
- Experience of working collaboratively across different functions within an organisation.
- Experience of working with and preparing reports for management colleagues and external agencies.
- Experience of comprehensive record keeping enabling all actions to be evidenced and the current position identified, including the use of relevant tracking software.
- Minimum Intermediate level Microsoft Office Skills – Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail, and within deadlines.
- Knowledge of regulation relating to Approved Housing Bodies (AHBs) and Charities.
- Experience of working within a social housing, property or financial services business.
- Experience of providing regular reports to manage and evidence the status of compliance.
- An understanding of the environment in which (AHBs) operate and the services that they provide to tenants.
Benefits include generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours, contributory pension and the possibility of hybrid working arrangements.
Please note, Oaklee Housing reserves the right to create a reserve list following the interview process.
NB: The panel may enhance the criteria in order to facilitate short-listing of the post
Closing date for this role is 20th September 2023 at 5pm
“Oaklee Housing is an Equal Opportunities Employer”