JOB TITLE: Income Officer
DIRECT REPORT TO: Senior Income Officer (with Ultimate Report to the Finance Manager)
TERMS: Perm, Full time
Oaklee Housing is a progressive Organisation that continues to achieve impressive growth through active investment and diversification of operations. We are a tier 3 Approved Housing Body with close to 2,000 homes under management. Owing to the strong growth achievements and future plans this role has been newly created within the Finance Department and offers a great career opportunity for the right candidate.
You will report directly to the Senior Income Officer to continuously improve the performance and output of the Income function for the Organisation. You will learn the nuts and bolts of the operation from the ground up and be able to manage and implement key processes and controls around income management within the Organisation. This will involve building close working relationships with the current outsourced service providers to bring the end-to-end performance of the function in-house.
You will support the Senior Income Officer in fulfilling the varied day to day requirements of the department as requested. You will aid in fulfilling the reporting requirements of our lenders and regulators, as necessary.
In return you will join a young, dynamic, and growing team in an exciting Organisation that continues to evolve. The role comes with a great benefits package that includes the possibility of flexible start/finish times and work from home capabilities.
- Performing weekly receipt posting routines and maintaining weekly bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining accurate Income registers, keeping them up to date as new homes are acquired.
- Processing Daily Rents in the system.
- Work in collaboration with the Finance Manager and Senior Income Officer to actively identify and implement functional improvements.
- Extract and review key data from the accounting system and present in a timely and concise manner to support critical decision making.
- Processing of Rental Commencements, Terminations and Amendments.
- Assisting the Finance Manager and Senior Income Officer on Local Authority matters when necessary
- Assist Senior Income Officer in distribution of Invoices to Local Authorities
- Opening Rent accounts
- Maintaining Start up Grants register
- At least 2+ years’ experience gained as a Accounts Administrator
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Open Accounts and Active H (tenancy management software) would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in an Approved Housing Body or a Charity a plus
- Detailed and accurate in approach
- Excellent communicator
- Personable and approachable
- Tenacious and driven to implement improvements.
- Comfortable with autonomy
- Flexible to the demands of the business and a helpful nature
- Organised, able to manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 20 Jan 2022