Thank you for your expression of interest in the post of Tenant Engagement Officer with Oaklee Housing.
We hope the additional information below is helpful.
Job Title: Tenant Engagement Officer
Department: Housing Services
Responsible to: Housing Services Manager
Salary: €50,213 Grade 4
Probation: 6 months
Pension: Employer Contributory pension available at completion of probation
Hours: 37 hours per week
Leave: 22 days, public and customary holidays.
Location: Head Office, 132 James Street. Hybrid Working Model option.
Travel: The post requires a full valid driving licence.
Oaklee Housing was established in 2001 and is part of the Choice Housing Ireland Group. We own and manage over 2,000 homes across 18 counties. We were established with a strong social purpose and have played a significant role in delivering much needed social housing against a backdrop of the current housing crisis.
Mission: To build a strong business with a social purpose and be a leading provider of quality customer focused housing and support services
Vision: We aim to provide great homes that are of a high quality in safe vibrant neighbourhoods:
- where our customers receive high quality responsive services that meets their needs and expectations
- through collaboration with our statutory and voluntary partners to respond to housing and support needs
- by challenging the norm and constantly seeking out ways to improve and innovate.
We are an approved housing body, a member of the Irish Council for Social Housing (ICSH), and an active member of the recently formed Housing Alliance, a collective of six of the largest housing bodies in the State. Our membership of the Choice Housing Ireland Group means that we continue to benefit from the experience and back-office support of a larger, long-established social housing organisation whilst maintaining our own locally based front line services for our tenants and local governance structures.
We are in the final year of our 3-year strategic plan covering the period 2020/2023. In developing this strategy, we have considered the current and future external operating environment, listened to our staff and tenants, and consulted with some of our key strategic partners such as the Local Authorities, the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government (DHPLG) and the Housing Agency. The final strategy reflects a distillation of this extensive consultation with 3 key themes emerging around delivering homes, providing great services and working closely with our partners.
This is an exciting new role within Oaklee Housing who have recently drafted and approved their Tenant Engagement Strategy. The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of this strategy and all its associated actions to help further improve our community and tenant activities.
The Tenant Engagement Officer will be the first point of contact in driving our engagement strategy alongside our well established Tenant Forum, our Housing Officers and resident associations & groups. This strategy builds on the previous work of Oaklee Housing and the Tenant Forum. It also reaffirms our commitment to involving and empowering tenants in shaping their communities by improving our services that will deliver positive outcomes for our tenants and the communities in which they live.
The post holder, as part of their role in implementing our engagement strategy, will be involved in developing activities/programs with both tenant and colleague input. There will be travel involved throughout our schemes across the Republic of Ireland and flexibility will be required to attend meetings and functions outside 9-5 working hours.
Tasks for the Tenant Engagement Officer will include, but not be limited to:
Delivering the Tenant Engagement Strategy
- To implement and deliver Oaklee’s Tenant Engagement Strategy and action plan in collaboration with the Tenant Forum and Oaklee Housing Colleagues.
- To develop new and innovative ways of engaging with tenants and enable the opportunity for valuable feedback.
- To assist the tenant forum to grow membership, providing tenant involvement awareness activities and training when required.
- Act as internal and external champion for Tenant Engagement throughout our estates and in dealings with other agencies, staff, and stakeholders.
- Facilitate the establishment of new resident associations within our schemes, and support existing resident associations.
- Sustain and develop new partnership arrangements with other community stakeholders to promote inclusive communities.
- Develop and deliver mystery shopping, customer journey mapping and tenant led estate walkabout inspection exercises, including the provision of reports, updates and recommendations for colleagues and the SMT to consider.
- To provide data and reports where required to support tenant participation and engagement at a strategic level.
- Provide input into the strategic and operational business plans on Tenant Engagement.
- To comply with the required financial procedures and budgets to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- To prepare and monitor the tenant engagement budget and to apply for any grant or funding available for specific areas of work when opportunities arise.
- To keep abreast of changes within the sector and keep updated in terms of community funding opportunities available to Approved Housing Bodies.
- To review current tenant surveys and assist in the implementation of recommendations and feedback to tenants.
- To develop community projects designed to increase tenant engagement and to advise and support other organisations that may become involved in such initiatives.
- To investigate, recommend, action, and respond to complaints, with colleagues, ensuring Oaklee housings high standard of customer service is provided to tenants.
- To assist the housing manager in development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to tenant engagement.
- To organise and facilitate tenant meetings, consultations, tenant conferences, seminars and events of a similar nature.
- To raise awareness of legislation and statutory standards in relation to tenant engagement with tenants and the organisation.
- To design, coordinate and facilitate training for staff, managers and tenants to enable meaningful culture of tenant engagement.
- Actively research new and innovative approaches on tenant involvement.
To work with the Communications Dept to
- craft and proof content, as needed for corporate publications, oaklee.ie and social media updates.
- identify and curate Tenant stories and testimonials for publication.
- update tenant with news, events and other relevant information on oaklee.ie
- provide statistical data, information, and testimonials for annual report
- draft the seasonal tenant newsletters
- implement tenant competitions and awards
- draft other pieces of internal and external communications materials relevant to tenant engagement.
- To represent Oaklee Housing as required on external bodies.
- Conduct all activities in a manner which is safe to yourself and others always acting in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy
- Provide appropriate ‘team’ cover in the absence of other staff as reasonably requested.
- Ensure compliance with all human resource related policies and procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Data Protection, Equal Opportunities and Equality Legislation
- Contribute to developing strategic plans and attend/contribute at team meetings
- Undertake training as and when required.
- Customer Service Centric and ability to address the needs of external and external stakeholders.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Working with a team
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deal directly with the public and relate to people from a wide range of diverse backgrounds : Essential
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload: Essential
- Ability to work as part of a team: Essential
- Ability to organise and facilitate meetings: Essential
- Excellent organisational and strong communication skills: Essential
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative: Essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and group facilitation skills: Essential
- Proficient use of IT packages, including Microsoft Office, , Teams, Zoom and Google Meet: Essential
Education and Experience
- A relevant 3rd Level Qualification in Community Development, Housing, or Similar: Essential
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Community Development, Tenant Engagement, or Customer Service sector: Essential
- An understanding of social housing policies and practices: Essential
- Excellent planning and report writing: Essential
- Experience in making funding applications: Desirable
- Experience in organising and delivering community projects: Essential
- A full clean driving licence and access to your own transport: Essential
Confident, reliable, common sense and adaptability: Essential
Ability to accept responsibilities of post: Essential
Follow link below
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th of October 2022.