Reference No: VA103
Location: Regional Office (base location to be confirmed)
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Monday 16th January 2023
Closing Date: Friday 27th January 2023
Job Description: Please find the full job description here.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Housing Operations Manager – South West-Mid West-East-South East to join our National Office Social Housing team.
The main purpose of the role is to provide direction in the areas of property and asset management (property stock condition and planned maintenance management), tenant management, ensuring the safety of property and tenants, and leading on the development and delivery of new housing projects. This work is undertaken in conjunction with a volunteer-led Social Housing structure nationally. This is a new role within the Society and as such, it is anticipated that the role will develop over time.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community.
Why work with SVP?
- 23 days annual leave for all staff; Additional day’s leave at 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, with a cap of 27 annual leave days
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
- Life Assurance – four times annual salary
- Christmas Voucher: €250 voucher for all staff (subject to terms of policy)
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Education Support for job relevant courses
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
- Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Available SVP support and embrace Flexible Working, including working from home, in line with the SVP Flexible Working Policy, where appropriate and subject to role requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum Level 7 NFQ degree in Engineering, Construction, Surveying, Architecture, Building Management, and other associated disciplines (Essential).
- Knowledge of building construction, maintenance & procurement (Essential).
- 5 years of project management experience (Essential).
- Full clean driving licence (Essential).
- Knowledge of construction safety regulations.
- Knowledge of Government regulations and building regulations, including Planning, Fire Safety, Health & Safety.
- Experience in liaising and negotiating with statutory funding providers
- Experience of successful development, management, implementation, and evaluation of complex project plans.
- Experience of developing and writing organisational papers and proposals which may include policy positions papers, business cases, tender documents.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in individual and group situations. Ability to gain rapport with and relate to a wide variety of audiences both internally and externally.
- Qualities of leadership, evidenced through a track record of successfully motivating staff
- Project management.
- Excellent capability with ICT systems and current communications technology including database management, Excel and other applications software.
- Proven ability to comply with operational policies and procedures, codes, and regulations.
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Additional qualifications in Health & Safety would be an advantage.
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 800 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application www.svp.ie/jobs
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer