JOB DESCRIPTION: HOUSING SERVICES COORDINATOR
LOCATION: 17 CHURCH STREET, TOWNPARKS, DUNDALK
CONTRACT: FULL TIME-PERMANENT
RESPONSIBLE TO: HOUSING SERVICES DIRECTOR
SALARY:€35,088 (SP21) 58,254 (SP38)
STARTING SALARY:35,088 (SP21)
To deal with all aspects of Housing Management and customer care for residents. To provide a responsive, quality and efficient service to residents.
- To manage a portfolio of properties under the direction of the Housing Services Manager.
- To deal promptly and effectively with Anti-Social Behaviour issues and breach of tenancies, including preparation of disputes to the Residential Tenancies Board.
- To allocate and let properties and to assess transfer requests.
- To deal with all the aspects of empty properties in order to quickly re-let them.
- To identify and process repairs including, ordering, monitoring and checking work and processing invoices.
- To liaise with tenants, residents and consultants regarding design and improvement proposals, including the programming of the work.
- To attend and minute site meetings, residents’ meetings, public meetings and other meetings.
- To facilitate and deliver accompanied property viewings.
- To undertake pre-tenancy and post-tenancy training courses.
- To gather information for Insurance Claims and attend court on behalf of the Association if required.
- To liaise with Local Authorities and developers in relation to handovers and to complete pre and post-handover administrative tasks.
- To answer telephone calls and letters promptly, deal with enquiries and attend Advice Centres or day surges as required.
- To advise tenants with regard to their rent and service charges and possible welfare entitlements.
- To ensure income returns and proof of incomes are promptly submitted by tenants.
- To collect rent and service charges by way of standard procedure.
- To maximise rent collection and to control arrears.
- To instigate action for tenancy breaches.
- To work with residents and community groups to encourage participation and involvement and community integration.
- To attend meetings including management company meetings, AGMs and EGMs and sit as a representative on management company board as required
- To regularly visit schemes or estates and to note and record any repairs or defects.
- To quickly and efficiently remedy any estate problems.
Health and Safety
- To conduct all activities in a manner, which is safe to yourself and others. To be aware and act in accordance with the Association’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To contribute to the effective delivery of Quality Customer Orientated Service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
- To adhere to requirements of Service Level Agreements in the delivery of a quality management service.
- To participate on forums/working groups/committees as required.
- To maintain accurate and up to date files for each property in the management area.
- To produce a monthly report on all housing management issues and key performance statistics for the area.
- To undertake other occasional duties which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post including very occasional evening or weekend work.
- To ensure awareness and compliance of GDPR.
- To fulfil all responsibilities with an excellent standard of customer service.
Closing date for applications: February 26th at 10am.
This job description is not definitive or restrictive and will
be subject to periodic review as deemed necessary and / or in the light of job-related develop