Location: Dublin city centre
Contract: Full time / Permanent
Salary: C.C. €45,000 (Commensurate with experience)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Reporting to: Communications & Policy Manager
Tuath Housing has provided safe, secure and affordable housing since 2006. A lot has changed over the years, but our values remain the same. In partnership with Key Stakeholders, our main focus is on delivering more quality homes to more people and providing an outstanding Customer experience to our 27,000 residents.
Working with Tuath Housing is different because we make a difference. We maintain and develop our team of dedicated, motivated, and authentic people through focused training and career development.
If you are driven to make a difference and believe that everybody needs a home, Tuath is waiting to hear from you.
The Policy & Research Coordinator will lead on the Association’s policy and research activities. They will work cross-functionally to commission, analyse and translate internal and external research to influence policy and communications, and inform business strategy. Reporting to the Communications & Policy Manager, the successful candidate will support the core activities of a growing team including the policy development and review process, research, coordinating consultation and engagement activities, data analysis and writing. The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with highly visible and scrutinized policy issues, and is a diligent, focused and detail-oriented professional with superior written and oral communication skills.
- Undertaking, managing and delivering research on issues relevant to the Association
- Researching, analysing, and monitoring public policy issues affecting housing in Ireland and abroad
- Collaborating across internal departments to identify and complete research projects
- Formulating the Association’s policy agenda through coordinated discussion and input from staff, board and key stakeholders;
- Facilitating and participating in working groups relating to policy and research
- Maximising the impact of policy research to meet organisational goals
- Providing feedback and reports and highlighting relevancy of areas of research & policy relevant to the Association
- Informing staff on policy and legislation changes
- Keeping up to date with research and sector knowledge of innovative and best practice methods in social inclusion, engagement and participation
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with housing industry and not-for-profit peers.
- Assisting with the development of strategies and materials
- Analysing results and preparation of written reports and briefing notes for the Board and its Committees
- Ensuring Senior Management and Board are aware of policy shifts within the immediate operating environment
- Drafting and communicating analysis and insight of key policy and political trends and issues for internal and external audiences
- Ensure all activity is aligned to the Association’s core values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
- Working alongside the communications team, creating easily understood policy & research social media posts and information pieces for external audiences
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar working environment.
- Relevant third-level qualification in Public Policy or other related discipline.
- Experience of undertaking quantitative and qualitative research to a high standard
- Knowledge of governmental policy making processes in relation at least three of the following: (social housing, social policy, homelessness, economic policy, planning, real estate, property development)
- Proven ability to network & collaborate with diverse stakeholders and build effective partnerships and alliances
- Experience of developing coherent and realistic policy positions
- Familiarity with major Irish housing policy research reports and key policy initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of non-profit housing models in Ireland and across Europe
- Experience of interpreting new legislation / policy / regulation
- Experience of commissioning and managing research
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- To participate on forums/working groups/committees as required.
- Promote a culture which is supportive of excellent service delivery and meets Tuath Housing’s vision, mission, and values.
Working for Tuath Housing
- Attractive salary commensurate with experience
- 24 days annual leave
- Service leave
- Organisational performance bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Sick leave
- Wellness allowance
- Hybrid working
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Career break
- Career development program
- Employee assistance program
- Linkedin Learning licence
- Car-parking on site
- Sports & Social Club
- Work-life balance package
Apply now via link:
Tuath Housing are accredited with the Bronze Award from Investors for Diversity and are committed to promoting a diverse and respectful workplace reflective of all cultures, nationalities, backgrounds, genders, members of the LGBTQ+ community and people from traditionally marginalised backgrounds.