Job Title: Property Development Coordinator
Location: Cork city centre
Contract: Full time/ Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Reporting to: New Business & Property Development Manager
Tuath Housing has provided safe, secure and affordable housing since 2006. A lot has changed over the years, but our values remain the same. In partnership with Key Stakeholders, our main focus is on delivering more quality homes to more people and providing an outstanding Customer experience to our 27,000 residents
Working with Tuath Housing is different because we make a difference. We maintain and develop our team of dedicated, motivated, and authentic people through focused training and career development.
If you are driven to make a difference and believe that everybody needs a home, Tuath is waiting to hear from you.
The Property Development Coordinator works as part of the development team to further the expansion of Tuath via new business opportunities. They attract, appraise and secure new development opportunities to increase Tuath’s housing supply and ensure that each potential project is financially viable and offers value for money.
- Suitable candidates will have a relevant third level qualification in Real estate, Property Management or other related discipline.
- Own vehicle and full clean driving license required.
- Good understanding of MS Office.
- Identify and negotiate new business opportunities, and ensure they are commercially viable. These new business opportunities should include social, cost / affordable rental and private rental options.
- Assist the Development Manager and Director in the preparation of tender submissions for new business.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders to further the expansion of the Association via new business opportunities.
- Operate with good commercial and financial acumen and be both creative and responsive in the delivery of new business.
- Negotiate, liaise and communicate effectively with all potential clients. Consult with local residents, tenants and councillors with regard to new schemes.
- Analyse the need for housing provision in partnership with housing colleagues and relevant Local Authorities and prepare project appraisals to include surveys, briefs, valuations, economic investment appraisals, business cases etc.
- Assist in the delivery of the Development Programme for Tuath Housing within agreed timescales and ensure all project files comply fully with the Voluntary Regulation Code
- Liaise with the Finance team regarding development opportunities to determine their financial feasibility
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar working environment.
- Experience of development, construction, negotiation, and property acquisitions.
- Understanding of and experience of working with partners and relationship management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- To participate on forums/working groups/committees as required.
- Promote a culture which is supportive of excellent service delivery and meets Tuath Housing’s vision, mission, and values.
- C.C. €47,000 (Commensurate with experience)
Working for Tuath Housing:
- Attractive salary commensurate with experience
- 24 days annual leave
- Service leave
- Organisational performance bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Sick leave
- Wellness allowance
- Hybrid working
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Career break
- Career development program
- Employee assistance program
- Linkedin Learning licence
- Car-parking on site
- Sports & Social Club
- Work-life balance package
Tuath Housing are accredited with the Bronze Award from Investors for Diversity and are committed to promoting a diverse and respectful workplace reflective of all cultures, nationalities, backgrounds, genders, members of the LGBTQ+ community and people from traditionally marginalised backgrounds.