This year we celebrate our 12th Community Housing Awards in 2023. The ICSH is again delighted to partner with our sponsor Allianz in this exceptional competition to recognise distinction and excellence in public housing design, development and delivery.
The ICSH Allianz Biennial Community Housing Awards offers a platform to demonstrate innovation and sustainability in public housing projects that our approved housing bodies members and local authority partners continue to deliver for communities across the country. The 2023 Awards recognise excellence across eleven individual categories. The ICSH seeks category entries from both urban and rural projects that communicate the diversity of housing delivered by both the local authority and approved housing body sectors. Winners will be announced at the ICSH Biennial National Social Housing Conference on Wednesday 18 October 2023 in the Clayton Whites Hotel in Wexford Town.
Public Choice Award 2023
Projects shortlisted for the ICSH Allianz Community Housing Awards 2023 are also competing in the Public Choice Award 2023. Following on from the very succcessful inaugral Public Choice Award in 2021, we’re very excited to continue with this category award, as it gives members of the public an opportunity to support a participating project that they feel is most deserved of recognition.
Community Housing Awards 2023 – Shortlist!
The ICSH is very pleased to announce the shortlisted entries for the Community Housing Awards 2023. ICSH staff carried out site visits in-person to complete initial assessments and enable the shortlisting of entries in June & July 2023. All shortlisted entries were then invited to meet with our judging panel in August 2023 to provide a short presentation of their nominated entry.
The 30 shortlisted entries are as follows:
- Co-operative Housing Ireland, Halliday Mills, Dundalk
- Circle VHA, Quality in Diversity
- Clúid Housing, Ballygraigue Court, Nenagh
- Tuath Housing, Raleigh Court
- Anvers Housing, Cloch Cora, Williamstown, Waterford
- Claregalway & District Day Care Centre, Gort na Greige
- Focus Ireland, South Circular Road
- Co-operative Housing Ireland, Amharc Muileann, Bloodmill Road, Singland, Limerick
- Circle VHA, Fairgreen Manor, Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow
- Cork City Council, Crann Darach, Montenotte, Cork
- Cork County Council (PPP Bundle 2)
- Fold Housing, Citywest Village House
- Respond, Castleview, Finnstown, Lucan, Co. Dublin
- Clúid Housing, Lancaster Gate, Lancaster Quay, Cork
- Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown County Council, Woodside, Enniskerry Road, Stepaside, Dublin 18
- Cork County Council, Cascade Apartments, Castlelake, Carrigtwohill, Co Cork
- Focus Ireland, Grand Parade & Rochford Lane Apartments, Cork City
- Kilkenny County Council, Pairc Nua, Castlecomer Road, Kilkenny
- Oaklee Housing, Walkin Street, Kilkenny
- Peter McVerry Trust, Centenary House, Charleville, Co. Cork
- Respond, Rathcoran, Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow
- Thurles Lions Trust, Stanwix Village
- Tuath Housing, Ellis Court, Benburb St, Dublin 7
- Cork Simon, St Joachim and Anne’s Building, Anglesea Street, Cork City
- Carbery Housing Association, Dun Eala and Cork City
- Co-operative Housing Ireland, Newcourt, New Street, Dublin 8
- Circle VHA (CU Funding)
- HAIL, CARA project – various locations
- Respond, Charlestown Place, Finglas, Dublin
- Tuath Housing, Plaza Building, Park West
For your information, please see the Community Housing Awards 2023 Application Guide and Application Form below