A primary role of the ICSH is to provide accurate information and guidance to our members about the responsibilities involved in the proper formation and management of housing associations (approved housing bodies). This can include project management and finance, tenancies, rents, housing management and maintenance, governance and compliance. The primary channel through which this guidance is provided is through a Member Advice Service whereby expert housing development staff meet with housing associations through various stages of development. Some typical field advice themes that arise include:
- Housing association formation and becoming an approved housing body
- Objectives, membership and organisation
- Functions and responsibilities of management boards
- Companies Acts requirements and legal registration
- Capital Funding Schemes available to housing associations
- Financial planning for project development and management
- Ongoing social housing landlord responsibilities
- Housing management systems
- The planning system
- Compliance and regulatory requirements
- Data protection and GDPR
- Maintenance and stock condition surveys
This range of advice is supplemented through our other support services such as our guidance publications and training programmes. To avail of this service and talk with our Development Officers, contact:
Keelin McCarthy (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01 6618334) to discuss queries on the Residential Tenancies Board, disputes, registrations or any queries relating to data protection and GDPR
Catherine McGillycuddy (email@example.com / 01 6618334) to discuss issues around ongoing housing management, tenancy agreements, legal registration, rental regulations, Garda vetting or landlord responsibilities.
Kevin Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01 6618334) to discuss all compliance and regulatory issues, stock condition surveys and project management.
Jill Young (email@example.com / 01 6618334) to discuss all housing development and finance queries.