The Irish Council for Social Housing and The Housing Agency commissioned research on the extent of mixed tenure development in social housing provided by approved housing bodies (AHBs).
The research was carried out by Professor Michelle Norris and Dr. Aideen Hayden of UCD. The research report will be launched at this webinar with a presentation from the authors on the main findings and recommendations for further policy development in this area.
This research aims to bridge the information gaps on the extent to which social housing provided by approved housing bodies (AHBs) in Ireland is provided in mixed tenure developments and how mixed tenure housing is delivered and managed. The report considers different models of mixed tenure provision as well as case study analysis including the perspectives of AHBs, tenants, local authority staff, developers, residents, policy makers and elected representatives. The report aims to provide information for policymakers and AHBs, which will contribute to high quality social housing provision in mixed tenure settings.
The report launch will be of interest to all those working in social housing delivery and management as well as policy makers and stakeholders. The report will be launched online (via Zoom) from 11am -12.30pm, Thursday 31st March 2022.
- 11am-11.10am: Introduction – Dr. Donal McManus, CEO, Irish Council for Social Housing
- 11.10am-11.40am: Briefing on main findings – Professor Michelle Norris, Dr Aideen Hayden, UCD (report authors)
- Niall Cussen, Chief Executive & Planning Regulator, Office of the Planning Regulator
- Brian O’Gorman, CEO, Clúid Housing
- Pat Power, Director, Harcourt Developments
- 12pm-12.20pm: Q&A
- 12.20pm-12.30pm: Closing comments – Roslyn Molloy, Head of Policy & Practice, Housing Agency
Click here to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Iuz6WV80Q4ihpNSr0D4zMw. For any issues related to registration for the event, please contact Catherine McGilycuddy firstname.lastname@example.org